Minnesota Foosball
 Mort's Monthly Results: 5/5/18
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sffoos

608 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2018 :  23:29:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
19 players participated across two events for what may indeed be the end of an era, as the Minnesota Monthly moves home bases from Morts to Jimmy's next month. We also had cameos by Melissa G, Anne S, Gillian M, Judd E, and Deb G. Sure it was something of a quiet turnout (lovely summer weather, road work, short-notice promotion, and other foos events that week). However, three 20-player turnouts in a four day span is pretty impressive for our summer scene. Over 50 distinct foosers playing in Mpls tournament events since Monday Night Foos on 5/1...that's a pretty good week.

BYP Results:
9 Teams

1st: Tristin H/Nate O
2nd: William W III/Nick E
3rd: Tony M/Tom B
4th: Zach S/Jim W
Skip S/Rick B
Al S/Jordan P
William W III/Josh N

We let Nick in as odd-man (since he wasn't able to find a partner on short notice), and he made the most of it, making it to his first Bring final. Nice going! Some good sling-shots and more out of the back all night. Congrats to Tristin and Nate on the final Morts Monthly win!

Last Man Standing DYP:
14 Players

1st: Skip S
2nd: Jim W
3rd: Tony M
4th: Andy V
Plus: Nate O, Chris M, Nick E, Brad S, William W III, Jordan P, Mike E, and Steve M

Zach broke out the Kickertool for this new format. I had enjoyed testing some of these formats at The Village, but they seldom made sense time-wise as a Monthly follow-up event. Given our numbers Saturday, it worked out quite well. We were able to get Iron Ranger, Andy in last minute, and he made it to our final four. A huge early-round win from Wallis knocked out some other contenders, but his pull-kick must of ran out of mojo in the finals as I beat him with a combo of slop and 2-bar shots (to my credit, I went four singles games against Wallis without allowing a single one of his patented open-hand transition shots on me...that'd be a first for me). Congrats to my fellow final four, Tony, Wallis and Andy for some tough matches.

Thanks to Zach for help with the follow-up.
A huge thank you to Morts and D&G, and all the players from around the state and beyond that made the Morts Monthly such a great tradition the past four years. I hope everyone has been enjoying the ride as much as I have. I look forward to plenty of great foos in the future at Morts, and to a great new chapter for the Monthly (and more) at Jimmy's.

See you June 2nd for the next Monthly at its NEW LOCATION: Jimmy's Pro Billiards in Columbia Heights. (Let me know if you're interested in Co-TD-ing or have thoughts on a follow-up event....I'm tempted to either DOUBLE BRING it, or bring back The Draft).
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Minnesota Foosball © 2000-02 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000