Minnesota Foosball
 Mort's Monthly Results: 4-7-18
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sffoos

604 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2018 :  21:57:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
34 players participated across 2 events yesterday, with rare appearances by Schulte, Spencer, Jeff J, and Brad A. Top MNF players Jordan and Luke P teamed up to try out their first monthly, and ideal MNF recruits Spencer B and Keaton played their first tourney foos while cheered and jeered by their fan section.

BYP Results:
15 teams

1st: Brad S/John W (DD)
2nd: Skip S/Jim W
3rd: Krink/Mo A
4th: Steve M/Scott L
Jeff J/Zach S
Nate O/Ben T
Tristin H/Chris M
Ringo/Tom B
Stu S/Brad A
Jordan P/Luke P
Dan D/Josh N
Spencer W/John S
Luke B/Bill W
Spencer B/Keaton
Tony M/Wayne A

We had some giant killers in the loser's bracket as Teams Sliceson and Mungren knocked out former BYP champ teams Hsutin and Rinshide respectively. Krink and newcomer Mo (by way of AZ and WA) knocked Team Sminter into the loser's bracket, but they came back red-hot both in the rematch against Krink and Mo and in the finals, steam rolling Wallis and I two straight in the first set (Brad's 3-bar and 5-bar were set on 'Pro-Master'...both rods must've been at about 90% completion...including quick shot front pins, push kicks and left hooks all scoring). Wallis and I made adjustments to take a game 5-2 in the second set, but they gained a 2 point cushion in the third game, played tough D, and never looked back. Nice win, Brad and John!

Dolney's Delight DYP Results:
9 Teams

1st: Luke B/Ben T
2nd: Nate O/Chris M
3rd: Skip S/Zach S
Dan D/Tom D
Jim W/Eric A
William W III/John W
Steve M/Dave P
Mo A/Josh N
Brad S/Mike E

Some of the elite 2-bar banker's were a bit stymied this tourney, as Tom D, Dave P and Mike E didn't make the top 3. Wallis and I each registered a bank from the 3-bar, any 5-bar banks or 2+ in a row from the 2-bar to report?

Even with modest changes to the rules (like the bank incentive), it can add interesting wrinkles to the strategy. I found myself both using different defenses as a forward and seeing different holes open as a goalie as players choose how to respond to the bank-incentive.

Too traumatized by Chris M's defense from the prior match, I missed the final. Congrats to Luke and Ben on the win. Any highlights (especially banks scoring or getting stuffed) are encouraged.

Thanks to Jessie, Zach, John, Steve M, and anyone else that helped the tourney run smoothly. Thanks as always to Morts and D&G for their support, and to all the players for showing up.

Upcoming tourneys from our Northern and Southern Neighbors:
4/21: BYP/DYP/Singles in Milford IA
4/28: Iron Cup in Chisholm MN.

5/5: Next MN Monthly*
Location is TBD, but assume it's at Morts until we have 3+ tables at Jimmy's.

Happy foosin'.

Slizzice

11 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2018 :  12:30:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also worth mentioning was Skip's 3 bar bank in the second event. Dave P would be proud! I believe it was the first goal Skip scored as well. No insult to injury but, I'll take that back on the 3!!
Go to Top of Page

foosinitup

Japan
739 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2018 :  22:09:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was nasty

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Minnesota Foosball © 2000-02 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page