Minnesota Foosball
 Minnesota Foosball
 Mort's Monthly Results: 3-3-18
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

597 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2018 :  11:53:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
33 players participated across 2 events on Saturday. A nice group of northern foosers came down from the Iron Range/Twin Ports scene. Plus rare appearances by T-Ray, Carma B, Terry S, Brad A (at least on that table), and new players Geoff and James.

BYP Results:
16 Teams (perfect bracket)

1st: William W III/Nate O (DD)
2nd: Zach S/EB
3rd: Kim K/Ron V
4th: Krinkie/Luke B
Chad Z/Deb PK
Ringo/Tom B
Ben T/Josh N
Terry S/Brad A
Skip S/Kyle B
Steve M/Chris M
Stu S/Wallis
Ira K/Carma B
Tony M/Wayne Ar
Wayne An (WI)/Emily N

Roto DYP Results:
13 Teams

1st: Ringo/EB (DD)
2nd: Zach S/Dave P
3rd: Skip/Wayne An (WI)
William W III/Chad Z
Chris M/Ira K
Jared W/Ben T
Krinkie/Kim K
Nate O/Wallis
Ron V/Stu S
Emily N/Luke B
Deb PK/Steve M
Tom B/Josh N
Carma B/Kyle B

Zach was having himself a breakout Monthly (amid a breakout month which included a 1st and 2nd on Wed's as well), holding King Seat in both events....but the MN foos veterans were not about to let that upstart dominate the monthly so easily, as Teams Olchester and Ringcos came back from the loser's side in their respective events. Both finals were hard fought. Congrats to the winners and finalists on their runs.

Other notable performances: Kim and Ron knocking perennial MN powerhouse team Ringo/Tom B into the loser's bracket, Ira and Chris performing the huge upset against former Thanksgiving DYP championship team Kim and Krink. I heard this involved a 0-4 comeback...which reminds all of us to leave it all on the table until a 5th point is scored, since anything can happen.

A big thanks to Bill W for guest-TD-ing, Jessie for helping run the bracket, Morts and D&G for their support, and all the players for coming out.

Although I do expect there to be a monthly tourney on April 7th, I don't expect to involve the MN Cup that month, partially due to HOF, and uncertainty on table numbers/venue.

I do hope to run a 2018 MN Cup at some point. If anyone has an alternative venue this spring that would let us bring in 4+ tables, let me know.

Good luck to all those headed to WI State and Vegas!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Minnesota Foosball © 2000-02 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000