Minnesota Foosball
 Morts Monthly Results: 12-2-17
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sffoos

585 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  18:32:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
32 players participated across three events on Saturday with additional cameos by Brad A, both Eric A's, Eric B, Josh N, Judd E, Pistol Pete, Tim H, and more.

It was a great cast of players; a diverse spread from across the state and region (even without many of the regular Stillwater, St. Cloud, or Mankato representatives): Iowans, 'Sconnies, and players from Northern and Southern MN all in attendance.

Pro sightings: Dillon and Stu got their power team back together, Bombo was back after a season off, and both Jeff D and Gene M joined us for the second monthly!

BYP Results
15 teams

1st: Dillon A/Stu S
2nd: Krinkie/Brad S
3rd: Jeff D/Tom B
4th: Nate O/Zach S
William W III/Wallis
Tristin H/Chris M
Tony Ma/Rick B
Jason B/2 Stix
Myles M/Hembd
Ben T/Scott L
Skip S/Ira K
Steve M/Jim F
Bombo/Roger L
John W/Helde
Jared W/Tony Mi

Fresh off their Thanksgiving placings, Krink and Brad turned into a power forward team and took down last month's champs Team Hsutin to play for King Seat. Team Olsice had some big match wins against Teams Walchester, and Bix, but the ol'schoolers of Team Bix got the revenge match for 3rd or better. Meanwhile, Stu must be the third member of Team Anderson, after making the finals on Thanksgiving with Brad and now getting his old Monthly power team back together for another BYP win, besting Team Sminkie for both king seat and the win. Nice playing Dillon, Stu, Brad and Krink!

Minute-2-Win-It Singles: 4 peeps

1st: Ira K
2nd: Steve M
Plus: Skip S and Jared W

It took all the promoting I could muster to get enough to run a M2WI Singles among the BYP knock-outs, but if I was actually eligible, I'll be darned if I wasn't going to make it happen. The laughs and buzzer-beaters were familiar; Ira's defense, pull kicks and lucky slops were the new addition. Nice win, Ira!

The Draft! - Selection Results

1st pick: Jeff D selected by Dave P
2nd pick: Tony M selected by Rick B
3rd pick: Gene M selected by Skip S
4th pick: Krinkie selected by Zach S
5th pick: WW III selected by Roger L
6th pick: Brad S selected by Nate O
7th pick: Stu S selected by John W
8th pick: Ben T selected by Tom B
9th pick: Steve M selected by Ira K
10th pick: Bombo selected by 2 Stix
11th pick: Myles M selected by Helde
12th pick: Chris M picked by Jared W
Undrafted Free Agent Team: Jason B/Hembd*

The rare appearance of Jeff D made him a sought after pick, as he went first overall (with the 10th pick, I remember 2 Stix asking, 'Hey, is that guy we played with the great push shot still available?' No Stix, he wasn't). Rick B was one of the few players to make the sentimental move of picking his bring partner, while Krink, Brad, and Chris M could all arguably be deemed the steals of the draft given the results below.

*After a rules argument from their bring match snow-balled, our free agent team chose to forfeit their matches and were refunded their entry. I'll be making a separate post about this later.

Draft Your Partner Results
12 teams

1st/2nd: Brad S/Nate O (KS)
1st/2nd: Krink/Zach S
3rd: Chris M/Jared W
4th: Stu S/John W
Bombo/2Stix
Skip S/Gene M
Tony M/Rick B
Tom B/Ben T
Bill W/Roger L
Myles M/Helde
Steve M/Ira K
Jeff D/Dave P

Jared and Chris had some impressive wins to make the winner's bracket final and the money, and Brad, Nate, Krink and Zach found themselves all playing their former bring partners in the final. They ended on a split after Zach and Krink forced a second set on match-ball.

FYI: Don't let the split fool you. We absolutely had time for a full final (20 min for the second set) without any race to 7's for anyone. My TD-scheduling must not be questioned! These MN foosers are just getting soft in their old age; either because they didn't want to take down their former bring partners, or for want of stamina at to grind out the win at 1:30 am. All in attendance agreed that the only thing more impressive than the play on the table was the tournament directing.

Thanks to Morts and D&G for their support, to Jared, Wallis, Tristin, Bill, and any other players that helped the event run more smoothly. A special thanks to Jason B, 2-Stix (first Monthly appearance!), Roger L, Myles M, and Ira K for making the multi-hour drive down to play with us, and a big thank you to everyone that came down to make for a fun-filled foosin' Saturday.

I look forward to seeing you all at the January Monthly on 1/6. Co-TD volunteers who want to pick the follow-up events are welcome to contact me.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Minnesota Foosball © 2000-02 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000