Minnesota Foosball
 Singles on Sunday Results
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sffoos

573 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2017 :  21:14:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
11 players showed up on short notice to try out Singles on Sunday, plus cameos by Josh N and the Happy Hour crew. Apologies for pushing it up a week for other interested players, but I'll be out of town next weekend and wanted to try out the Swiss format before the clutter of late August/early Sept events (MNF-HOF, Worlds, Sept Monthly).

Thanks to Iowa players Jason B and Jason Ch (his first Morts appearance) for making the trip up. Plus thanks to Sutton for coming out of foostirement for some Sunday Singles! (If he can make Sunday afternoons with his work schedule, all the more reason to try out more of these events).

The Players: Bill W, Carlos S, Jared W, Jason B, Jason Ch, Joe M, Michael Q, Mike E, Scott S, Skip S, and Steve M

Swiss Singles Results:
11 players

1st: Skip S
2nd: Jason Ch (IA)
3rd: Bill W
4th: Steve M

We played five rounds of Race-to-7 qualifiers to get down to a top 8 player single elimination playoff (matches 2/3). With the small field, we were at the playoffs by 5:30 and finished with the whole tourney by 7:00 (plenty of time for Game of Thrones).

Jason Ch came in town with a fast-paced run-and-gun style of singles, complete with some strong open-hand kick-shots and front pins from both shooting rods. it took him past Jared and Steve M to the finals.
Meanwhile, I squeaked past both Jason B and Bill W in two tough matches that went to meat-nut. (Both ended snake-shots that rattled off their men...spin-it-to-win-it-can-get-ugly).

The final went to third game; Jason and I both found offense from the 2, 5, and 3-rod, but I his final 5-bar shot went to my 2-bar where I closed it with a slingshot (ended on a clean point for once). Great playing Jason! We'd love to see you again at a Monthly!

Thanks to all who came out to support the event. I'll run another Swiss-Style Singles Tourney on 9/17 to continue to familiarize peeps with the format and get our singles fix.

However, if someone wants to run another Singles on Sunday, Jasha and the good peeps at Morts would be happy to host it. (One more before worlds? Keep it going in October? I'll promote it online if someone else wants to run it...just let me know the date).
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Minnesota Foosball © 2000-02 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000